City workers vote for vaccines + Uptown Sky + USF Facility
Hello, people of Tampa! Carlos Hernandez here with the latest issue of the Tampa Daily.
Are you a local business owner or trader in Tampa? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Wet and partly cloudy all day. High: 88 Low: 76.
Here are the best stories in Tampa today:
1. The University of South Florida (USF) launched an electronic poll on Monday seeking advice from students, teachers, staff, alumni and the community in search of what is desired in The eighth president of the USF. Business leaders and students have expressed concerns about the process for selecting the next president. (The Crow’s Nest)
2. The Straz Center hosts discussions in virtual town hall give the floor to BIPOC artists in the community. The first town hall of Thursday September 23, will focus on “the evolution of the dynamic artistic and social power of oral creation, hip hop and its Caribbean elder, reggae”. (WUSF)
3. The City of Tampa said in a press release on Tuesday that a “overwhelming majority” city ââemployees voted in favor of the vaccine mandate with nearly 80% of employees vote. Employees are must be fully vaccinated through September 30 unless they can show they have COVID-19 antibodies and those who do not can opt for weekly testing and wearing a surgical grade mask at work. (ABC Action News)
4. The USF bulls have innovated on a $ 22 million indoor football performance facility. It’s a precursor for the team to get their own stadium in the future. The facility will include a hall and an observation deck. (Tampa patch)
5. Uptown Sky brings 61 units of affordable housing in North Tampa near the university district. Uptown Sky is funded by approximately $ 7.3 million of 4% mortgage equity syndicated by Raymond James Tax Credit Fund, with Etna, a CVS healthcare company. (83 Degrees Media)
Today’s Tampa Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, visit GoodRx.com.
Today in Tampa:
- Well-being Wednesday: OneBlood fundraiser. (10:30 am)
- Celebrations around the world: Oktoberfest at the Hillsborough County Public Library Co-operative. (6.30 p.m.)
- New Belgium BBQustic! Gracie topp @ New World Biergarten. (6.30 p.m.)
- Tampa Mens Football at Eckerd – The Tampa University of Athletics. (7:00 p.m.)
- Remix: Ancient paintings of sphinxes at Winthrop Arts Inc. (7:00 p.m.)
Tampa Patch Notebook
- Tampa Bay Lightning: âOur friends from AdventHealth are giving one lucky Bolts fan the chance to win a virtual meetup with one of our guys! To enter the raffle and for the official rules, visit https://tbl.co/ chatwithachamp “(Facebook)
- South Tampa is awesome: âAmazing photo from last night’s #harvestmoon by @_seanmullins. Keep going! ” (Facebook)
- Tampa Tarpons: âPlayoff tickets are NOW ON SALE! Enter promotional code: CHAMPABAY21 for $ 3 tickets! Friday – the first 500 fans will receive a Tarpons hat AND we will be giving away raffle prizes all night long! Buy now: https: // am. ticketmaster.com/steinbre … “(Facebook)
- TAMPA downtown magazine: “The 2022 best restaurants vote is launched TODAY. Vote for your favorites on the link in the bio until 6/10. The winners are announced at the end of November in our best restaurants issue. Email info @ TampaMagazines.com to be included – – – – – #tampa # Tampa … “(Instagram)
- City of Tampa: âAre you looking for a new job? The Tampa Convention Center is seeking a Chief Maintenance Engineer to oversee activities relating to general maintenance and repairs to the facility. Learn more about the position and apply here: https: // jobapscl … â(Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Concerts and services:
You are now in the know and ready to go out this Wednesday! I’ll be back in your inbox tomorrow with a new update. If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to follow. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Carlos hernandez
About me: Hello, my name is Carlos Hernandez and I am a food writer with over 10 years of experience in the industry. I write the Carlos Eats Food Blog (http://www.carloseats.com) and I also contribute to several newspapers and magazines with food blogs and articles.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Tampa Daily? Contact me at [email protected]